To install PathPilot on non-Tormach machines:
- Buy disc from Tormach p/n 35246 http://www.tormach.com/store/index.php?app=ecom&ns=prodshow&ref=35246
- PathPilot kernel doesn't like sandy bridge motherboards, use older pentium (I'm using E2200)
- Buy Mesa board 5i25 from http://store.mesanet.com
- Find firmware for mesa board - firmware must match your breakout board
- You CANNOT change the pinouts of the mesa board via software, ONLY firmware sets the pinouts
- many breakout boards are included and may work - mine required custom firmware that mesa wrote for me - if you need custom firmware - ask PCW_Mesa on linuxcnc forums.
- Install mesa board and install path pilot via DVD.
- Hopefully everything boots up properly - it will flash mesa board with tormach firmware - that's ok we will change it later.